Friday, February 29, 2008

Brayden is here!!

Brayden Benjamin Shelton (benandamy) was brought into the world last night!! No I was not there :( but I have kept in constant contact. Brayden is healthy--weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and was 22 inches long. Amy is doing good too. I will get to see them at the end of March and I CAN'T WAIT!!! When I am emailed pictures I will post them on here. Word is he looks like Ben. We'll see!!
As I mentioned I am flying to Columbus on March 27th!! I'm so excited to see family and friends for an entire week! I already have so much planned to do (even though some people who are involved don't even know it yet!)
The great thing is that I love being HERE a lot better now. There is so much to do around our town. I love my school and my kids and now we have found a church that we love. I think the church was the missing link before. Just goes to show that God is sovreign and prayers are answered--especially when you are ready to give up completely. The Sunday we visited First Baptist Fort Pierce I said to myself that if this church wasn't it I was done. I know that sounds negative but after visiting almost 10 churches far and near and getting bad vibes from each one I was getting depressed. A child of God knows she needs the church. God does too and He knew that He didn't bring us here and desert us. He has a great plan (Jeremiah 29:11) and He is a great God!! Hallelujah!
I have resently memorized this Psalm in a Beth Moore study I am doing. I cling to these words:
"I lift my eyes toward the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth
He will not allow your foot to slip
He who keeps you will not slumber
Behold, Israel, the Lord who keeps you will neither slumber nor sleep
The Lord is your Keeper
He is the shade at your right hand
The sun shall not smite you by day
Nor the moon by night
The Lord will protect you from all evil
He will keep your soul
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever."

Psalm 121

May you remember now and forever "The Lord is your Keeper." Have confidence and faith in that Truth. He has a plan for each of us and He walks with His children each step of the way. Praise the Lord for He is good!
Have a very blessed weekend in the refuge of our Awesome God.
And keep Amy and Brayden and Ben in your prayers!

No comments:

Chad and Megan

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sarah Bentley

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Susanna Jayne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Chopper Bear

baby