Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm so excited to have joined Alabama Women Bloggers!  I am vowing to myself and to anyone who reads my blog to definitely post AT LEAST once a week!  I've been so bad lately.
My biggest goal in blogging is to reach out to others who may be in situations like myself.  I find myself drawn to blogs where women are writing about their children, their church, their finances, etc.--all things that I deal with on a daily basis.  I find encouragement through blogs, so I also want to offer any encouragement I can to YOU!
Starting out with being a working mom.  Kelly's Korner posted a link up for working moms.  So that is definitely me!  In this post, I will just tell you a few things about my life. 
I have been a teacher for 8 years.  I have always taught in the public secondary world.  Right now, I teach high school GED and then facilitate online learning.  I am also the Advanced Placement Coordinator for my school.  If you are reading this, I can almost guarantee that schools today are NOTHING like when you were in school.  I'm sure the generations before me said the same thing, but it is crazy.  I also realize that I work with some of the hardest souls.  But since I began teaching GED in August of 2012, I have helped 14 potential drop-outs to earn their GED!  I'm not proud of me, but proud of those students.  These are students who probably had 90% of their teachers make the comment at some point that "he/she will never make it out of high school."  Even though the GED is an alternative way out of high school, it is a positive out that will take them on to a good career or post secondary education. 
Alabama Women Bloggers theme this month is Phobias.  One of my worst phobias is the fear of not being a good teacher.  Probably not a real phobia--but it is to me.  Well, that fear came true for me last week.  One of my dearest students did not pass his GED test.  This was his last chance for this year.  He can still test next year, but we were really hoping for him to be able to move on after this.  I've had to pray very hard over this.  My faith was tested as of course I was praying for a miracle!  However, I learned a valuable lesson.  I learned that while believing that God is in control, I still pray wanting God to answer my prayers MY WAY.  I even am nice enough to set up a plan for Him of the most effective way to answer my prayers.  (sarcasm inserted here).  But is that faith?  Not really.  I want Him to be Lord of my LIFE.  Lord of every aspect of my life.  That means that when I pray I should trust that He will answer my prayers in His WAY and in His TIME.  I take joy in this.  Though the news was bad last week, I believe with all of my heart "ask and you shall receive."  I know that one day God is going to show me exactly how all of this fits into His plan.  His will is perfect.  His way is perfect.  Mine is extremely flawed.  I pick His way.
So that's my job.  It has its good days and its bad.
Then I get to go home to this:
I have two beautiful little girls.  Sarah Bentley is 4 years old going on 16.  Susanna will be 2 in November.  They make my world go round!!  There will be many more posts about them to come!  Now I am figuring out how to put pictures from my phone straight onto my blog!  You might get tired of me!

Until next time,
Megan

No comments:

Chad and Megan

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sarah Bentley

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Susanna Jayne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Chopper Bear

baby