Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Anniversaries

Two Big Anniversaries in my life:
#1 October 30, 2004--my first date with the love of my life, Chad Michael Ruffin. My college friends (whom I miss dearly) will remember the excitement of being asked out! We went to Red Lobster, car lots, and to a movie, "Friday Night Lights." I was in love from the first moment. I'll never forget that night!!
The next day was Sunday and Chad went to church with me at Fairview. That morning my Pop, Larry Upton, and his brother, my Uncle Glynn joined the church. It was a sweet time and a sweet memory because the next May Uncle Glynn died and then exactly one year later on October 29, 2005 my Pop passed away. He was at Dustin's football game that night and the last thing I remember (which I will always remember) was hugging him. Anyone who knew him knows he was a tall man so I fit right at his stomach. It is a hug and a feeling that will always be with me. Two years later it still crushes my soul. He had a sudden heart attack that night, and though very unexpected for us it was his time to be with the Lord. I know he's happier there. No one is telling him not to eat so much bread!!! :)
I love you Pop!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Megan!! I updated my blog...I can't beleive you already married!!! Time has gone by so fast! Are you coming home for christmas???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Chad and Megan

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sarah Bentley

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Susanna Jayne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Chopper Bear

baby