Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baptism

We had baptism last Sunday night for our newly saved members. The baptism took place at the river. I've never been to an outside baptism, but I tell you friends there is nothing like it. It was just amazing. So much more than watching it sitting inside a church building. I know we live in a more advanced society, but I feel like we let ourselves get too materialized. I also think that I was born in the wrong era. I'm an old school kind of girl. Nonetheless, baptism is baptism and it's what is in your heart that matters. We baptists go all the way under because that is what Jesus did and baptism is something He did not just do, He also COMMANDED us to do. The symbolic display fills my heart and made me want to be baptized again! Having Jesus in your heart and telling the whole world is the most amazing thing that can ever happen in your life.















A mother and her daughter baptized together!































And the Lord said it was good!! What a beautiful sunset to end an awesome night.















"And it was down with the old man


Up with the new


Raised to walk in the ways of light and Truth


I didn't see no angels


Just a few saints on the shore


But I felt like a new born baby


Cradled up in the arms of the Lord."

No comments:

Chad and Megan

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sarah Bentley

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Susanna Jayne

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Chopper Bear

baby